Thursday, August 14, 2014

Thirsty Thursday: Rum & Bitter with a beer!

Like I was said,  I got some bitters news and wanted to see how it would stand up to-drinking. After "Whiskey Wednesdays" was so difficult, and "adding Boy Drinks World Serrano Cocktail Spice to beer" was awesome,  I was thinking . . .White Rum. So I poured a shot and put 2 stoppers of Boy Drinks World Serrano Cocktail Spice and it became a charming sipper, but a chaser would make it perfect so I added a beer--to invert yesterdays pairing by switching the spirit.

The rum I used was Tommy Bahamas White Sand--don't bother it is discontinued. It was tasty white rum, but because of the name and the package it was WAY to pricey.I got mine at close out pricing. But if you are looking for this rum, it was made by Foursquare Distillery in the Bahamas and they still make at least 2 white rums that you can find (at a much better price than the TB) Doorly's White (only at Total Wine I think) and The Real McCoy White (soon to be everywhere). All 3 rums were very good, but if I had to rate them I would say . . .Doorly's is perfect for this combo (and cocktail applications), Tommy Bahamas is great for this combo (and in a lot of cocktail combos) The Real McCoy is Awesome every way (but its beauty, kind of gets lost in this combo).
And yes the beer is the same, a friend came by and left the remnants, but really this a nice session beer (especially with some"fun" thrown in.


Here it is:

Check out the video & whole campaign here and kick in what you can:

Also remember, if you can kick in some cash for the campaign there are yummy bitters and other possibilities as an option for you.

Oh and here is the Boy Drinks World facebook page . . SHARE IT