Monday, August 11, 2014

Mezcal Monday! Trying new bitters in different drinks!

So I got a sample of some new bitters and wanted to try them in a few drinks that I already knew to see the real value.

So the next few posts are going to be repeats of some drinks I have already shared on this blog with one change: Boy Drinks World Serrano Cocktail Spice will be added.

The first 2 drinks are simple and from Mezcal Monday #2 . . . (click for more details)

Mina Real Sour

2 Oz Mina Real Silver
1 Oz Fresh Lemon juice (or lime . .)
1/2-3/4 Oz of simple syrup.

1 stopper full of Boy Drinks World Serrano Cocktail Spice
**The glass tube on my stopper only fills about an inch-that is what I am callin "1".

Shake with ice, strain onto fresh ice and garnish if you like.

The Boy Drinks World Serrano Cocktail Spice really elevated this drink, depth, layers and the tiniest bit of warmth (not hot). Very nice, I am saving this till after the next one so I can put more Serrano Cocktail Spice in it and drink--I like spicy!

For the 2nd drink, staying simple

Buenos Tiempos

1 1/2 Oz Mina Real Silver
3/4 Oz Bianco / Blanc Vermouth

Stir and strain into coupe
Garnish with 'juicy' cherry (I used 'Chukka') and 
1 stopper full of Boy Drinks World Serrano Cocktail Spice.

OK so 1 stopper full is perfect on Buenos Tiempos--really perfect, but I liked the Mina Real Sour better with 1 in and 1 on top.

So Ram is running an INDIE GOGO Campaign to get his company up and running and if you kick in some cash there good things in store for you.

Watch the video and check out the whole campaign here:

Oh yeah and don't forget . . .
Click the link to see more Mezcal Monday!

You can also check out and follow Mina Real on Facebook here, and on twitter here . . ..