Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Whiskey Wednesday: Heaven's Gold

Well, I didn't have a clue what to write about for this Whiskey Wednesdays so I went to the Cyrus Noble website and saw "Heaven's Gold". This little beauty is simple and minimalistic. I made a couple adjustments that I will detail after the recipe:


Heaven's Gold

2 oz Cyrus Noble Bourbon
5 dashes Peach bitters
1/2 oz All spice simple syrup

Stir ingredients briefly over ice, pour into an Old Fashioned that has been rinsed with absinthe 
and garnish with a lemon twist.

So here are some of my adaptations: a} 2 1/2 oz Cyrus Noble Bourbon instead of 2. b} I used St Elizabeth All Spice Dram instead of the simple syrup (for one I love the stuff and two I am not going to make a batch of syrup to try 1 drink...). c} I used Fee Brothers Peach bitters and 8 dashes instead of 5. d} For the absinthe I used Emperor Norton.

The drink was tasty. Probably drier because of the Allspice Dram substitution--which is perfect for me. If was making it for someone else and I didn't have the syrup I would probably add a dash of simple and keep the bourbon to 2 oz.

Click here to check out other "Whiskey Wednesdays".

You can follow Cyrus Noble Bourbon on facebook here . . . or on Twitter here . .