Monday, February 10, 2014

Mezcal Mondays: Fuzzy Beloved

Mezcal Monday . . .This is a tasty drink, really I was trying it as an experiment. Beer cocktails are all the rage. I went to Playground last week and showed up right as Joe and Jarred were working on drinks for the Noble Ale Works anniversary (which I stupidly missed because didn't put the date on my calendar and just checked now--it was Saturday. O_o ). Anyways, I got to sit in on a bunch of drinks made with beer and I was inspired. My biggest problem with this drink is that it is not as good as the drinks Joe was making (let's face it Playground is all around awesome and Joe kills it there). But my drink is still good. If I had a few different beers I bet I could nail it. Anyways the drink is worth a try, here is the recipe:



Fuzzy Beloved

1 1/2 Oz Don Amado Rustico
1/2 Oz Torani Amer

2 Oz Lager

Stir and strain into a chilled glass.
2-4 Dashes 
Fee Brothers Gin Barrel-Aged Orange Bitters


Click the link to see more Mezcal Monday!
You can also check out and follow Don Amado on Facebook here, and on twitter here ... 


P.S. As I was finishing this (and the drink) it hit me... A healthy dose of lemon juice...maybe a 1/2-3/4 Oz. I'll Try it and let you know...