Monday, February 17, 2014

Mezcal Monday: Beloved Fuzzy. . .


This Mezcal Monday is another simulcast with Mixology Monday! This month is hosted by Andrea of Ginhound blog and the theme is "SOURS"...I LOVE IT!

'Mixology Monday'

So as usual I am thinking mezcal (it is Mezcal Mondays over here) and last Mezcal Monday I made a tasty drink, that started as an experiment inspired by a visit to Playground. At the end of my post I had an idea "As I was finishing this (and the drink) it hit me... A healthy dose of lemon juice...maybe a 1/2-3/4 Oz. I'll Try it and let you know...". Excellent, now we have a "SOUR".

The citrus does freshen it up. Here is the original post and recipe: Fuzzy Beloved, and here is the citrus variation:
Beloved Fuzzy

1 1/2 Oz Don Amado Rustico
1/2 Oz Torani Amer

3/4 Oz Lemon Juice
2 Oz Lager

Roll with ice and strain into a chilled glass.
2-4 Dashes 
Fee Brothers Gin Barrel-Aged Orange Bitters


Click the link to see more Mezcal Monday!
You can also check out and follow Don Amado on Facebook here, and on twitter here ...


I think Joe Valdovinos (of Playground and the original inspiration for the experiment) nailed it when he said after making both versions: " The lemon tasted great as well, but I liked the depth of sans citrus". I have to agree, but it is fun to see what happens to a drink with one simple modification, in this case adding a sour component.

Thanks Andrea of Ginhound here is the MxMo recap!