Monday, January 27, 2014

Mezcal Monday: The Mez-Mat

It is Mezcal Monday and last week I got some new bitters that I wanted to play with so I am going to make a simple drink with Don Amado Rustico. This is the drink I wanted. I have made it many times, but never really had a name. There are many versions of this that exist with many variation on the name. 

Basically this follows a Manhattan recipe swapping the American Whiskey with Mezcal. It is tasty and simple and this is what I wanted. After spending 2 hours trying to find a 'named' version that I could get behind, I gave up. I made the drink and call it a "Mez-Mat"; I think the name is funny, but if you think of a name that suits it better, let me know. I am open to suggestions. Also I am using 
my Fee Bothers Gin Barrel-Aged Orange Bitters again and they are great (but I love Regans too . . .)! I give you:



Mez-Mat

2 Oz Don Amado Reposado.
1 Oz Carpano Antica


Stir and strain into a chilled glass.
2-4 Dashes 
Fee Brothers Gin Barrel-Aged Orange Bitters


So good . . .

Click the link to see more Mezcal Monday!
You can also check out and follow Don Amado on Facebook here, and on twitter here ...