Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Whiskey Wednesday: Cyrus Noble Old Fashioned

Well since for Tequila Tuesday this week I went with a Tequila Old Fashioned, it seemed fitting to do the same for "Whiskey Wednesdays" this week I took one of the cocktails off of the Cyrus Noble Bourbon website. The drink I chose follows fairly standard ratios for a spirit forward, classic cocktail that seems sweeter than it is because of the ingredients. This drink works great before, during or after a meal, with blue cheese, grilled meats and general hearty fare.
Here it is, enjoy!:


Cyrus Noble Old Fashioned Cocktail
2 oz Cyrus Noble Bourbon
1/2 - 3/4 teaspoon Oz Simple Syrup (Adjust)
2 dashes bitters

As I said, this drink can be built in the glass and stirred, but I build mine in a separate vessel and then strain it over fresh ice.
And to repeat again: Garnish if you like, but think 'subtle'!

This particular Cyrus Noble Old Fashioned was made for me by the lovely and talented Michelle Bearden at 320 Main where they may use a different recipe (but I am sure it is close) and they garnish their O.F's with a lemon and orange peel zest. IT WAS DELICIOUS!

Click here to check out other "Whiskey Wednesdays".
You can follow Cyrus Noble Bourbon on facebook here, or on Twitter here...

Thanks again to Haas Brothers; check them out on facebook here . . ..