Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Whiskey Wednesday: Kentucky Colonel

Well it was inevitable, my celebration of recipes from the 'Cafe Royal' cocktail book, by W.J. Tarling is now spilling over into "Whiskey Wednesday". I might as well include an awesome quote also!:

"Careful observation has shown that at the majority of Cocktail parties there is little variation in the cocktails offered, and each party is apt to have a monotonous repetition of Martini, Bronx, Manhattan, and White Lady Cocktails, all, I grant, very good cocktails indeed, but just as apt to be dull as continuous dinners at which the same soup, fish, meat and sweet are served. Therefore I ask my readers to try the modern cocktails."

This is a very tasty cocktail as it is, but I prefer it with a couple dashes of bitters... You decide and let me know.


Kentucky Colonel

2 1/4 Oz Cyrus Noble Bourbon (3 Parts)
3/4 Oz Benedictine (1 Part)

Stir with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass
If you desire--as I do--a dash or 2 of Aromatic bitters.

Click here to check out other "Whiskey Wednesdays".
You can follow Cyrus Noble Bourbon on facebook here -- or on Twitter here . . ..