Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Whiskey Wednesday #9: The BourNet

For this weeks "Whiskey Wednesday" we are going for a long complex-yet approachable cocktail. I'll be honest with you, they name came first. I thought it was cheeky: The BourNet, cute right? Besides how awesome is it to mix 2 darling into one cocktail. Since I am being honest . . . this one didn't take much work; it just came together. If you look at this drink it is basically half cocktail half long drink. Bending boundaries, I love it. Here is the recipe:


The BourNet
 
1 1/2 Oz Cyrus Noble Bourbon 3/4 Oz Fernet VALLET
  Shake with and strain into a Collins glass filled with fresh ice. 
Top with ginger beer. 

You could garnish this, but it doesn't need it. A lemon twist, a cherry or any number of things would work (candied ginger?), though as I said-it doesn't need it.

Also if you know you like 'sweeter' styled drinks add a dash of sugar. For me--the ginger beer sweetens it up more than enough.

Click here to check out other "Whiskey Wednesdays".
You can follow Cyrus Noble Bourbon on facebook here -- or on Twitter here . . ..

Thanks again to Haas Brothers; check them out on facebook here . . .