Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Whiskey Wednesday #10:

For this weeks "Whiskey Wednesday" I will share a recipe that is to strong. I am sorry, but it is delicious. Normally when you make a cocktail you want to balance the potency, but I failed with this one . . ..because it is tasty as it is. Both of the ingredients are 90 proof. Like I said, it is to strong, but . . .. I wanted to call it "One & Done" because sometimes you need a bracer and you don't have time for 2--"How about a "One & Done"? Unfortunately with little research I found a drink that has that name (awful drink . . bleh). So I went back to my original, less catchy name: The 90/90 cocktail. It is so named because both of the spirits are 90 proof.... Get it? See I told it wasn't as catchy... Anyways, even if the name isn't catchy, the drink is super tasty, especially if you (like me) enjoy 'Brown, Bitter and Stirred' drinks. Here is the recipe:

  The 90/90
 

1 1/2 Oz Cyrus Noble Bourbon
3/4 Oz Amargo VALLET
Bar spoon of cherry syrup (from the cherry jar)

Stir until very cold and strain into a chilled cocktail glass
Garnish this with 2 cherries. I put these on a spear across the top of the glass and encourage the drinker to drop them in and finish them at the bottom of the drink.

The cherry syrup and the cherries bring out the cherry flavors in the Amargo VALLET and meld perfectly with Cyrus Noble. I hope you enjoy this drink as much as I do.

Click here to check out other "Whiskey Wednesdays".
You can follow Cyrus Noble Bourbon on facebook here -- or on Twitter here . . .
 

Thanks again to Haas Brothers; check them out on facebook here . . .