Monday, September 9, 2013

Mezcal Monday #10: 135D

 Last week I wrote about Mina Real Repsado (click here!) and promised to make a drink with it this week. To be totally honest with you I made up this drink last week and it was good. The name is the highway from Mexico City (where Amargo VALLET comes from) to Oaxaca (where Mina Real comes from); clever right?
I  love the way oranges taste with mezcal, but generally OJ makes for a lackluster cocktail ingredient that is where the healthy dose of Amargo VALLET comes in. This is a nice long drink that is refreshing but it still has a lot of flavor. I hope you enjoy as much as I did.
 
135D

1 1/2 Oz Mina Real Repsado
3/4 Oz Amargo Vallet
2 Oz Orange Juice

 
Shake and strain into collins glass with fresh ice
Garnish with a cherry (I just drop it in, so it is a treat for when I get to the bottom)
If you are looking for more Mezcal Monday, click the link

You can also check out and follow Mina Real on Facebook here, and on twitter here.
Special thanks to their importer Haas Brothers.