Thursday, August 15, 2013

Thirsty Thursday #6: Breakers Bourbon Batch 2

Well since Breakers Bourbon batch 2 (click for more info) has been out for a bit, I was afraid it was going to sell out before I posted my humble review. So Thirsty Thursday #6 it is!
I am fan. I looked at Batch 1 here . . and was pleased!

It still shines with classic bourbon character that is to be relished or utilized in a spirit forward beverage to diplay all of its awesome nuance. It is not really that different than batch one from my notes, but I didn't save any of batch 1 (or 2 for that matter) to do a side by side.
The aromas lead caramelized citrus notes, dark wood and candied grains, creamy vanilla and baked stone fruit.
The flavor display a dry, daedal showing of oak structure that is deeper, but still familiar without reaching for the supple aromas until the mid-palate.
The finish dawdles, lumbering deliberately with oak spice, tiger basil, bee blossom, toasted fennel as the lovely flavors and aromas, are shown again to slowly fade.
Great bourbon, like I mentioned not totally different, but definitely deeper.

For more Thirsty Thursday click here.

For more about Ascendant Spirits go here, or here...