Monday, February 24, 2014

Mezcal Monday: Oaxacan Night

Well it is Mezcal Monday and this week I wanted to revisit this drink that I made with Don Amado Rustico

I have great memories of one particularly great night sitting on the rooftop in Oaxaca, sipping  Don Amado Rustico (click to read my tasting notes) and nibbling on fresh citrus and coco nibs. The flavors went together so well, when I was reminiscing, they became the inspiration for this drink  .




Oaxacan Night

1 1/2 Oz Don Amado Rustico
3/4 Oz Mandarine Napoleon
1/2 Oz Tempus Fugit Creme de Cacao
2 Dashes Angostura

Stir to thoroughly chill and strain into a chilled glass.

Nice memories.. . .

Originally I made this with Doorda Chocolate Liqueur, which is fantastic, but very rich. I think the Tempus Fugit Creme de Cacao works brilliantly in this (and many, many other) drinks.

Click the link to see more Mezcal Mondays!

You can also check out and follow Don Amado on Facebook here, and on twitter here ...