Monday, December 2, 2013

Thirsty Thursday #2 . . .

This is Thirsty Thursday #2, if you missed #1-click here . . .

So you saw yesterdays Whiskey Wednesday #2, we were fooling around with  Cyrus Noble Bourbon  at Little Sparrow and ended up featuring 2 lovely beverages.

While I was hanging with Joseph Valdinovos (of Playground) he had a bottle that I hadn't seen, called Chareau Aloe Liqueur (that is owned by his buddy Kurt Charron) . . . and you know what came next . . . I ordered a shot and it was wild. The nose was more cucumber & melon, with lemon and a spice--that when tasted you automatically recognize as spearmint; VERY INTERESTING! If you are like me and you love things that are "outside" of our typical flavor experience, YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY TRY THIS STUFF! It reminded me of Verveine du Velay / Strega . . . not in flavor but in 'WTF?'. It is yummy-true, but what amazes is the complexity.
Joe & I chatted and came up with an idea (it was slow...some times you have the time and some times you get your ass handed to you...). I thought it would be perfect to share on this Thirsty Thursday # 2.

The Noble Variation

2 Oz  Cyrus Noble Bourbon
1/4 Oz  Chareau Aloe Liqueur
4 Dashes Scrappy's Chocolate Bitters 
1 Sugar Cube

Dose Sugar cube with bitters, add Liqueur & Cyrus Noble Bourbon muddle until incorporated add ice stir to chill and strain into Old Fashioned glass on big ice. Garnish with lime slice.

This drink is very interesting. I mean that in a good way. Realistically, it something that grows on you-especially if you are type to try new fun flavors.

Thanks to Cyrus Noble Bourbon, Little Sparrow and Joe for trying this out for me.

I am going to try and post a different drink each week because we do get thirsty...

Are you still thirsty?? Here are more "Thirsty Thursday" to look at-Click!

If you have any drinks that you would like me to try / post send them (preferably with a photo) forrestcokely@gmail.com

You can follow Cyrus Noble Bourbon on facebook here . . . or on Twitter here . . ..

Thanks again to Haas Brothers; check them out on facebook here . . ..