Monday, December 9, 2013

Sexy Mexi . . .

Mixology Monday!
It is here. The 'Witches Garden' @ Cardiff Cocktails. . . .
Mark you are correct: "fresh herbs have always been at the forefront of mixology. So lets take influence from the bartenders that once ruled the world of mixology, raid your herb garden that too often gets neglected, and start mixing."

So I did. My new love affair is VALLET . . . It is Mexican Fernet and Amargo (the amargo is so delish, at 90 Proof-wow!).
'Sexy-Mexi'
2 part Mina Real Reposado
1 Part Amargo VALLET
added the mint leaves (that I cut from my neighbors mint plant - fresh) trimmed from the stalk
Put all of them together, shake with ice and double strain into a cocktail glass.

Garnish with a 'slapped' mint rosette /crest on top (basically the top that was left from the stalk. . . ).
Unfortunately, I ate the mint before I took the picture (sorry, it smelled so yummy).