Saturday, March 10, 2012

Another Rum Story by Shauna, from The Minty...

Here is another Rum story, shared by Shauna from theminty.com i asked if i could share it with you, and here it is:

A Rum Story, by Shauna.
Here's my favorite rum story. About five years ago, before this whole craft cocktails thing started happening in LA, I was a hotel bar in Manhattan Beach. I didn't enjoy my first cocktail there and said as much. The bartender was not hospitable at all and argued with me it was great. He did ask me what else I wanted. At the time, I was transitioning from vodka to rum and asked for a Mai Tai. He didn't know how to make it and asked me what was in it. I told him and he didn't believe me, especially on the orgeat part. He thought it there was amaretto in it. Eventually he consulted a recipe book and with a sullen face said I was correct. After I approved of his Mai Tai, he wanted to make another cocktail for me and we picked one out of the book together. By the end of the night, he handed over a bottle of bubbly and thanked me for helping him be a better bartender.

You can check Shauna out at the spots regularly: 
blog: theminty.com
hot bartenders: bar-stalker.com
bar stories: lacocktails.com 
@theminty